Friday, August 28, 2015

8.28.15 - Collection update, Yamato featured in Tri plot summary, and Crest keychains released

Hey all,
any of you who preordered the crest keychain set will be looking forward to them coming in the mail soon! Unfortunetly, to obtain Yamato, you need to buy a full set of eight or hop onto auctions, but the whole set is pretty worth it. I'll post pics when I get mine with a more detailed description!
Also, in some Tri related news, (via WtW) I'm pleased to announce that the director of the series stated "I watched the first Adventure series to prepare myself and get a better grip on the characters’ personalities..." which makes me happy. However, he also talks about the kids (obviously) thinking more like high schoolers and the tribulations that come with, as well as the meanings of "tri" that will flow through the six films. I like that rewatching the series will reveal different connections... but I become more worried about a crappy love triangle plot with each passing minute.
To get away from that horrible feeling, there was also a small summary in the magazine scan that talked about Yamato, slightly:
"Taichi works up a sweat at soccer club while worrying about what to do for his future. Yamato gets ready to perform a live concert. Each of them live out their ordinary lives in their individual places, but mysterious events begin to occur throughout town. Then one day, when they look up at the Odaiba sky, they see…" (Translation by Onkei)
This ties into more of what the Tri. director said about portraying Taichi and Yamato's friendship and how their different interests parted them, but when they see each other all those old feelings come back.
Next, I have a tiny collection update thanks to my fellow Yamato collector, Em.
This washcloth is apparently some sort of UK exclusive. I've been after it awhile!

Next up is this beanie. Another unique item that's apparently official US merchandise.. At least Yamato's hair isn't flipped. Not the best quality, obviously.

Finally, I recieved my Animedia poster from the seller on Ebay (yellowmagic) I always go to (the first poster featuring Tri. artwork). I don't have a frame yet, but it's the same size as previously mentioned Otomedia posters, so at least I won't have to worry about any size differences. Notable things about Yamato include that he is holding his original digivice. Aside several re-released merchandise Digivices, including Yamato's signature blue one, this is some of the first Tri. media showing the original Digivice (maybe outside the trailers. It's been too long since I've watched them).

As always, I love to hear how your collections (even if they aren't Yamato related) are going! I'm happy to link your site in my Links section, so feel free to leave a comment or drop me an email!
I'll update again once I get my deputy package, in October/December, unless other noteworthy stuff comes up (well, duh Tri will be out by then... so, check back)!

No comments:

Post a Comment